“Our days are numbered. One of the primary goals in our lives should be to prepare for our last day. The legacy we leave is not just in our possessions, but in the quality of our lives. What preparations should we be making now? The greatest waste in all of our earth, which cannot be recycled or reclaimed, is our waste of the time that God has given us each day.”
- Working as Assistant Professor, Bioinformatics at SUIIT, Joyti Vihar, Burla, Sambalpur, Orissa, since Aug, 2010.
- Currently Pursuing Ph.D in Biotechnology from Sambalpur University.(Supervisor: Dr. Jogeshwar Panigrahi, Reader, School of Life Sciences, Sambalpur University)
- M.Tech Bioinformatics, Karunya University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu,2008 –2010, CGPA– 8.1
- B.Tech Biotechnology (Genetic Engineering), Sam Higginbotom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences, (formerly Allahabad Agricultural Institute-Deemed University), Allahabad, U.P., 2004-2008, CGPA-9.24
INTERNSHIPS & TRAININGS
- Summer Faculty Research Fellow, under Dr. D. Sundar, Department of Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology,IIT Delhi, May 25th - July 6th, 2011.
- Mini-Project entitled “Conservation of SAFSVGLE and TKIFYN patterns of Adiponectin in Diabetes and Obesity” from 25th May- 26th June, 2009 at DNA Research Centre, Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Project based Industrial training in “In Silico Drug Designing for Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Industry” and “PERL programming for Bioinformatics” from June’07 – Aug’07 at IBI Biosolutions Pvt. Ltd., Panchkula, Haryana, India
- Underwent training titled “Hands on training on Molecular Biology Techniques” held from 12-20 June, 2006 at the Fish Genetics and Biotechnology Division, Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA) (ICAR), Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar.
- M.Tech Project –“Identification of Structure based Functional Motifs in Proteins” at Karunya University, Coimbatore from Aug, 2009 –April, 2010.
- Underwent 6-Month Project work titled “PROTOLINK: An Interface for interlinking Protein databases” during the period from Jan-May, 2008 at Imgenex India Pvt.Ltd., Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- Protolink: An Interface for interlinking proteomic databases, Atul Nag, Yogesh K. Joshi, Rajan Mishra, Proteomics Applications: Perspectives in Healthcare (NCPPH ’10),Excel India Publishers, Excel Publishing Services, New Delhi-110067, ISBN-978-93-80043-73-9
- Recent Trends in Advanced Computing at VSSUT, Burla form 29th April - 11th May, 2013.
- National Workshop on Drug Design and Discovery at Institute of Life Sciences, Bhubaneswar 18-21, Feb, 2013.
- Kolkata International School cum Conference on Systems Biology (KOLSYSYBIO) at Bose Institute & Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Dec, 29th 2012 - Jan 3rd 2013.
- National Conference on ―Future Trends in Information & Communication Technology & Application‖ (NCICT, 2011) at Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar, Orissa From Sept 10– 11,2011
- National Conference on Proteomics Applications: Perspectives in Healthcare held at Karunya University, Coimbatore during 28th -29th January 2010.
- 8th Asia Pacific bioinformatics Conferences held at Indian Institute of Science, Banglore during 18-21 January, 2010.
- National conference on Computational Biology held at Karunya University, Coimbatore during August, 22nd – 23rd , 2008
- “Biohorizon” 8th National Symposium on Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology organized by BETA , IIT-Delhi, Feb, 2006
SOFTWARE & BIOINFORMATICS SKILLS
- Comfortable in Programming languages: C++, JAVA, Perl,Python
- Proficient in Linux Environment (System Administration and Shell Scripting)
- Web Development using PHP, MySQL and Apache
- Drug Designing Suite: SCHRODINGER